Over 100 artists have been invited to turn the yet-to-be-renovated rooms of The Studios building into three floors of installations and exhibits. This 10-day festival will include live music by local bands, theater and performance art, artist round tables, and daily guided tours of the 100+ exhibits.
The Studios is phase 2 of Milepost 5, formerly the Baptist Manor Retirement Home which was founded on the property in 1915.
Event Times and Dates:
- Opening Event: 6-9 pm Friday, August 14.
- Gallery hours: 1-7pm daily, Galleries open until 10pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Guided docent tours of exhibits: 2pm daily.
- Music by various local bands: Friday 14th: 6-9pm, Saturday 15th: 3-9pm and Friday 21st: 6-9pm, Saturday 22nd: 3-9pm
- Artist Round Table: 2pm Sunday Aug. 16th.
- Experimental Theater by Hand2Mouth Weds Aug 19th, Thurs Aug 20th
- Saturday Closing Event hosted by Sam Adams, Mayor of Portland.All Events are Free and All-Ages(A suggested donation of $1-$10 for admission)Manor of Art is graciously sponsored by: Nike, Tri-Met, Muse Art and Design, Beam Development, Art Media, Scion, Paris Group Realty, Weiden+Kennedy, TinyLeviathan.com, Art Institute of Portland, 94.7 KNRK, PDXartscene, Mobile Malloy Productions, Montavilla Neighborhood Association.Food provided by Palm State GumboBeer and wine services provided by Manor of ArtWith a Special Thanks to: Chris Haberman, John Graeter, Hand2Mouth Theatre, Ezra Johnson-Greenough, Leigh Lowry, Gavin Shettler, Micheal Feilds, Matthew Haggett, James Smith, Ry Malloy, and the hordes of incredible artists and volunteers it takes to do something like this!A production of Portland City Art and Milepost 5
Go to their website for more information, including a list of participating artists.