The third video is from "Cooking the Books" in which Ms. Egan specifically talks about her process of writing the Pulitzer winning novel, A Visit From the Goon Squad.
Write to Publish 2011 Flash Fiction Contest
Presented by Ooligan PressDeadline for Submissions: Sunday, April 24th, 2011
There is no entry fee for the contest. We are, however, encouraging contestants to donate to the Ooligan Press Offset Fund. The Offset Fund was created as part of Ooligan’s effort to promote sustainable printing practices. All money donated to the Ooligan Press Offset Fund will be used for the production and publication of Ooligan’s sustainable Open Book Series, to send students to workshops and conferences where they can learn and teach about sustainable publishing practices, and to help the press make more sustainable choices. Go to the PSU Foundation to get started.
- Please submit one flash fiction piece of five hundred words or less. While there is no specific theme, we are not seeking genre-specific work, such as romance, westerns, or sci-fi.
- Any submitted work should not have been previously published.
- The winning authors will retain all rights to their stories.
- Each submission should include a note about your interest in Ooligan Press’ Write to Publish conference, and an optional, brief bio in the body of the email.
- All submissions should please include “Flash Fiction Contest” in the subject line, and be sent as a Word document attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All three contest winners will be given the opportunity to read their stories on the author stage during the Write to Publish Open House Day, Sunday, May 22nd. The three winning stories will also be posted on the Ooligan Press website and at the Write to Publish conference.
Write to Publish
- First Prize 1) One full day pass to Workshop Day, Saturday, May 21st; 2) two tickets to Open House Day, Sunday, May 22nd, and 3) copies of both of Ooligan’s most recently released books, The Portland Red Guide by Michael Munk, and Rethinking Paper & Ink: The Sustainable Publishing Revolution by Ooligan Press.
- Second Prize 1) Two tickets to Open House Day, Sunday, May 22nd, and 2) a copy of Rethinking Paper & Ink: The Sustainable Publishing Revolution by Ooligan Press.
- Third Prize 1) One ticket to Open House Day, Sunday, May 22nd, and 2) a copy of Rethinking Paper & Ink: The Sustainable Publishing Revolution by Ooligan Press.
Open Books: Open up your book to the possibilities.
May 21st & 22nd, 2011
Organized by Ooligan Press, Write to Publish aims to demystify the publishing process for writers. Write to Publish is different from other writing conferences in that it does not focus on the craft of writing, but rather on the process of getting published via lectures, workshops, and industry professionals available to answer your questions. Speakers for the 2011 Open House Day author stage are soon to be announced.
For more information about Write to Publish 2011, please visit the website at: www.ooliganpress.pdx.edu/w2p.