I feel like I've been rather silent over the holidays. I contemplated various topics to write about: inspirational, insightful, or my more typical meandering and random. I did manage to write a little bit about Solstice and, thanks to Gretchin and Sven I posted a fun video on the 24th.
I do set intentions.
My intentions are few but strong:
- to renew my writing schedule, including focused editing on both the novel and the memoir;
- to find physical activities which are also fun and varied enough to fit my schedule and interests (to which I can say I am off to a great start with the new Wii, including Wii Fit with the balance board; will also include hiking when the weather is a little better, and hopefully kayaking again);
- to maintain some true down time in my schedule (pajamas til 5pm kind of days);
- to spend more quality time with my partner;
- to spend more time with friends - talking, writing, hiking, creating, bicycling, eating or drinking wine, and more;
- to be present.
It's 2013. I remember when that seemed very far into the future, so far that I couldn't really imagine it, other than in a Piers Anthony or Ray Bradbury kind of way. But here we are.
Goodbye, 2012. You weren't the worst of years and I can say there were some good things. But there were also some trials and bumpy moments which I'm glad to have resolved and behind me.
So, welcome, 2013. May we be good friends and travel smoothly along a creative and innovative path.
Happy writing, painting, sculpting, dancing, filmmaking, business endeavors, and a good life filled with health and prosperity for all.