Work and Writing have been filled to the brim and overflowing, in delicious ways. So, even though I have fallen embarrassingly behind in sharing words here, they have been happening:
- I am in the final days of Magical Writing, an online writing workshop in the Literary Kitchen with Ariel Gore ;
- I completed the handwritten edits on the book and am entering them into Scrivener. Which is, not surprisingly, creating more edits;
- I have two readings happening next week. One is an official AWP Conference offsite reading at Jade Lounge (the black and white flyer), and the other is in Astoria next Monday (second flyer below):
- I am working on a multimedia piece for a reading tentatively scheduled in April, and I will post an update when details are confirmed;
- I have also been very busy with theater - interpreting, supporting other interpreters, we are in the last days of the "As on the Stage" training, and attending theater (last week I interpreted one and watched three other plays in three days - one of those was ACT's "Romeo & Juliet" in Seattle, which included two Deaf actors in the cast and the ASL-English/English-ASL was integrated into the production).
Now I must go work on feedback for the online workshop and work on my final piece of writing to submit.
Here is the flyer for the out of town reading next week. If you're in Astoria or want to take a drive to the coast, here is where we will be reading. This one is not at all related to the AWP Conference, although many of us from this writing retreat will also be attending AWP.